06 July 2018

Audley End House .....

Saffron Walden, under a Spanish sky, in this continuing wonderful heatwave.... walking in Audley End Park to tread in the footsteps of my 5 x great grandfather.  He worked for Lord Braybrook of Audley End House for twenty years as a thatcher and the chief mole catcher, apparently!  


And not a mole hill in sight, I'm hoping he released said moles into the neighbouring parish unharmed!









This could be one of Great Granddad's 'empties' set into the estate wall ...
















1 Comments:

Blogger Sage said...

Oh, I love those big bull heads sitting up so high. I always said people were so stupid to get so involed in watching sports. American football is the big one here, which I can't stand. And then I fell for the bullriding here. Always liked rodeos but I can't believe how I got into watching the bullriding when it went pro. Those two big bull heads would look so good at an event. I wonder why they put them up there and what they stood for?

22 July 2018 at 23:40:00 BST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Stats