01 August 2013

Beautiful Hertfordshire this afternoon.....

Sawbridgeworth .... my Cuffley ancestors lived here from 1707 until around 1814....
 
 
 
Great St Mary's dates from the 13th century....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The font is circa 1400, is very much repaired and is said to have been in 200 pieces...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The chest is early 17th century, for many years it was used as a coal bin, which accounts for some of its damage .....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The door is English Oak cut from Hatfield Forest....
 
 
 
 
 
 
I wonder if Arne would delete the blue van for me?!....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sandon .......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Looking towards Royston....
 
 
My garden this evening ....
 
 
 
 
 


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn´t see any bridge worth mentioning in Sawbridgeworth? Some names on places really awakes you imagination! Another lovely place in old England. Great St Mary´s too small roof on the tower is really cute! And Great Cindy (not a Saint yet I am happy to say!)has made a great effort as always in documenting in gorgeous interesting photos and informative text. Yes, I can delete that blue van for you, I´ll just wait a few seconds until it has passed..
Great work Cindy, many thanks!

xxx Arne

1 August 2013 at 21:18:00 BST

 
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

I used to live in Sawbo!

5 August 2013 at 08:04:00 BST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Stats