25 February 2015

Twinstead, Essex...

I think the Charles Dearsley who was baptised in Twinstead in 1682 may be my ancestor ... in the absence of evidence of any other Charles Dearsleys I am going to claim this one!  His parents were Charles Dearsley and Sarah Stebbing who were married in the lovely church in Long Melford in 1680.
 
This church was built in 1859......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mr and Mrs Wyncoll, dating from 1658....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The church the Dearsleys would have known.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say old folks live in the past and the young ones in the present, you have found a great way to get the best of both worlds! And a reason for interesting trips to explore old villages and churches. Your chauffeur is a lucky man! As always I love rich collection of gorgeous photos.

xxx Arne

27 February 2015 at 22:05:00 GMT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Stats