25 March 2013

Celebrating fifty years of travels to beautiful Spain, thank you mum and dad for those first holidays in the sun....

 In 1963 I first went to Spain with my parents and sister on lovely family holidays, and have returned as often as I can over the years.

A few days trip last week to Malaga .... 

The Glass and Crystal museum set in a 17th century renovated house ...


 I'd like to learn Flamenco just to be able to wear these lovely dresses....


















 The scent of orange blossom was gorgeous ....










































 The Botanical Gardens ... beautiful.  I recommend lunch in the cafe there.

















 The port, but you probably guessed that :-)



 Nerja ..... east of Malaga. This is the little tower that the English bombed, and it looks like we made a good job of it, sadly.





 oops, out of order, this should be in the Botanical Gardens section!

 Back to Nerja again ........





 The English Cemetery in Malaga......












 I hope this little doggy doesn't put on weight!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not many would visit the English Cemetary instead of sunning their behind at the pool! But I am with you there, it makes the trip so much more interesting. It is a great way to honour your mum and dad for taking you again and again to Spain by going there again! We that are lucky to be your friends are spoiled with hundreds of high quality photos from your trips, but I am still amazed by the interesting variation in subjects you document, funny moments and details that only you see and just beautiful photos! From the beauty of your appearance I can tell you are lucky at heart in Spain!
Arne

25 March 2013 at 23:48:00 GMT

 
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

lovely set of pics! Spain is on my list, Seville I think

28 March 2013 at 15:54:00 GMT

 
Blogger heinar380 said...

You really know how to use your camera. Thank you for those beautiful photos!

31 March 2013 at 09:05:00 BST

 
Blogger Sage said...

I agree with the above comments, especially the long one. I really like the one of the palm trees with sunset behind it. the bees on the flowers, the flowers in the window box, the open gate going into the garden, the beach with the tree limb, the cemetery, the port, I could go on but would be to long. Thanks for the mini trip to Spain.

2 April 2013 at 22:52:00 BST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Stats